My doula journey began in 2017 after the birth of my son, Ollie. Through my own experience, I learned that growing a family is no small task or one that should be done alone. I also found the process overwhelming at times with all of the education, resources, opinions, and choices we had to make. As a doula, I am here to help families navigate through the process of fertility, pregnancy, birth, and postpartum so they feel empowered and confident. My empathetic and calm nature allows me to have a meaningful connection with my clients and other members of the care team and helps to facilitate a calm environment for birth and postpartum. I am passionate about providing evidence-based information and teaching my clients throughout the process, so they feel confident making the decisions that are best for them. Overall, my goal for my clients is for them to have the tools and resources they need to write their own story and feel supported as they grow their family.
Aside from birth work I also teach new doulas with Allo Doula Academy through the 200hr Certified Professional Doula course. It is a joy to share the education, professionalism, and passion of doula work to new aspiring doulas.
Over the course of 2021 and 2022 I was able to be a surrogate for a wonderful family and gave birth to a beautiful baby girl right into the hands of her mother in October of 2022. That entire experience sparked a new desire to dive deeper into the world of fertility and I am excited to be better equipped to support folks going through fertility regimes like IUI and IVF as well as surrogates and intended parents.
In my free time I love to read, play with my son and husband, take my big dog on walks, cuddle with my little dog on the couch, attempt to keep plants alive, listen to music/podcasts, and watch comedies/standup.
- CPD Instructor Training – Allo Doula Academy – 2022
- Understanding Pregnancy and Nutrition for Doulas – 2022
- Advanced Comfort Measures for Doulas – 2022
- Holistic Support for Postpartum – 2022
- CPR/First Aid for Adults and Infants Re-Certification – 2022
- Rebozo Training with Gena Kirby – 2022
- Spinning Babies Workshop – 2022
- Childbirth Educator Training – Bebo Mia – 2021
- 200 hour Certified Professional Doula Training – Allo Doula Academy – Fall 2021
- Bloodborne Pathogen Certificate – 2021
- TENS for Labor – April 2021
- Working With Stillbirth and Miscarriages Workshop – Elizabeth Petrucelli, SBD, CCCE – November 2020
- Basic Doula Training (Birth & Postpartum) – AlloTribe – August 2020
- 85-hour Prenatal Yoga Trainee – Spring/Summer 2020
- Certified Birth Doula – DONA International – February 2020
- Birth Doula Training – DONA International – January 2018
- Bachelor’s Degree – Psychology – University of Colorado Boulder – May 2016