My doula story began soon after my son was born. We had our prenatal care at a birth center, experienced labor there as well as a transfer to the hospital where my son was born. I fell in love with the entire process. The midwives I met and connected with during my pregnancy were a huge catalyst in my desire to become a doula and I soaked up all the information. Little did they know, they planted a seed.
After always anticipating going back to school to pursue a master’s degree in social work, my path changed in January of 2018 when I completed my DONA International doula training. My son was only a few months old but with the support of my husband I successfully launched my business and haven’t looked back!
After going through the transition into motherhood, I knew I wanted to be the support and anchor for other birthing people. I am a listening ear, a calming touch, the gentle reminder to breathe, the shoulder to lean on. No matter what type of birth you choose, I will never judge or persuade, only you know what’s best for your family. My goal is to provide all the information and support you need and help you come to the best decision for you.
My birth philosophy is support without judgment and to be a calming, guiding presence.
In my free time you’ll probably find me at home reading, doing yoga, tending to my plants, or playing with my son. I reside in Northglenn with my family and serve the Denver Metro area. Contact me today to check availability and location.
- Working With Stillbirth and Miscarriages Workshop – Elizabeth Petrucelli, SBD, CCCE – November 2020
- Basic Doula Training (Birth & Postpartum) – AlloTribe – August 2020
- 85 hour Prenatal Yoga Trainee – Spring/Summer 2020
- Certified Birth Doula – DONA International – February 2020
- Birth Doula Training – DONA International – January 2018
- Bachelor’s Degree – Psychology – University of Colorado Boulder – May 2016